The Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE) program requires that California governmental agencies and regulated companies and utilities that award contracts for goods and services strive to expend not less than 3 percent of the cumulative value of all of their contracts on DVBE firms (3 percent goal). The citizens of the State of California honor their service-disabled veterans by having them benefit financially from doing business with the State. The DVBE program directs California governmental entities and regulated companies and utilities to procure goods and services from firms, such as Stay Safe Solutions, Inc., that have been certified as meeting the strict DVBE eligibility criteria required by law. Most bid opportunities also include at least a 3 percent DVBE participation requirement. Stay Safe Solutions can help your firm win your bid and meet your Commercially Useful Function (CUF) DVBE participation requirement.
Stay Safe Essentials Online
Stay Safe Solutions is your complete source for all your personal protective equipment, laboratory, medical, hardware / MRO (including pesticides), promo and office/jansan product needs. In addition to being the only SB/DVBE listed on the NASPO contract for laboratory supplies, we provide an extensive selection of police, military, correctional, emergency services, and security company equipment and gear. We carry products from the leading manufacturers that you need to protect you, your family, do your job effectively and Stay Safe. We know you will be pleased with our selection, value, and service.
Stay Safe Suite of Services
- ONLY on-site waste treatment system in the marketplace that guarantees complete sterilization of all waste for all processing cycles. This includes COVID-19, Ebola and all other bacteria, viruses and spores.
- Complete sterilization on-site eliminates the risk of transporting untreated waste on public roadways passing through vulnerable neighborhoods and communities.
- Environmentally sustainable. Macerates the waste while it is being sterilized so that the volume of the processed waste is reduced up to 90% while its weight is reduced by up to 50%. This significantly reduces the burden on landfills.
- Complete sterilization on-site eliminates the risk of increased disposal costs when the volume of waste spikes due to a pandemic. On-site treatment eliminates worries about cost increases and where to store the untreated waste awaiting removal or transport over public roadways. A patient being treated for COVID-19 generates exponentially greater amounts of Regulated Medical Waste (a.k.a., “Infectious Waste”) than a normal hospital patient. Everything in the patient’s room and everything they come into contact with is assumed to be infectious medical waste.
- No special permits
- Deemed effective and safe in all 50 states
- Streamlined acquisition through VA Schedule 65IIA.
STAY SAFE SOLUTIONS IS A LEADING DISABLED VETERAN BUSINESS ENTERPRISE (DVBE) AND SMALL BUSINESS (SB) THAT PROVIDES GOODS AND SERVICES FOR STATE, FEDERAL, AND OTHER MANDATED DVBE/SB/SDVOSB PARTICIPATION.
Service-disabled veterans and small businesses are the only groups that currently receive targeted opportunities for California’s billions of dollars in annual contract awards. Our mission is to use our significant bid preferences and bid incentives to help make your business or agency successful.
SB / DVBE Option
All California state agencies and departments (per Government Codes 14838.5 and 14838.7) may use a streamlined procurement process known as the SB / DVBE Option by contracting directly with a California-certified Small Business (SB) or Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE) for goods, services and information technology valued for $5,001.01 to $249,999 (or up to $333,000 for public works contracts) after obtaining price quotes from at least two SBs or two DVBEs. The SB / DVBE Option significantly increases SB and DVBE opportunity to access and compete for billions in state contracting opportunities. The SB / DVBE Option is the fastest and least expensive procurement process in comparison to other state procurement methods. The SB / DVBE Option can amount to 90-days in time savings cost reduction / avoidance and include: no advertising, a minimum of only two bids required, potential one-day contract award, no protest, flexible, and convenient.
Governor Newsom signed AB 1533 on July 1, 2019, allowing San Joaquin County to join 11 other counties in expanding and increasing service-disabled veteran business procurement preferences and incentives. AB 2762, Chapter 654, statutes of 2018, established special small business and disabled veteran business procurement policies for local agencies in 11 of California’s 58 counties (including Alameda, Contra Costa, Lake, Los Angeles, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano and Sonoma). The procurement preferences and incentives include construction contracts, the procurement of goods, or the delivery of services. The addition of San Joaquin brings the total to twelve of California’s 58 counties honoring their service-disabled veterans by having them benefit financially from doing business with their counties.
The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) regulates services and utilities, including electricity, natural gas, railroad, rail transit, passenger transportation, telecommunications, and drinking water. California law requires these regulated companies that provide California citizens access to safe and reliable utility infrastructure and services to include service-disabled veteran companies in their procurement and contracting activities.